Modification of the Agreement
Eligibility, Registration, Access, and Termination
The recordscontinuum.info site is limited to non-commercial educational and research activities. Posting of spam messages or other commercial advertisements is a violation of these terms and may result in termination of your account.
Certain portions of recordscontinuum.info are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to participate in online services by entering personal information. You agree that any information provided to recordscontinuum.info in these areas will be complete and accurate, and that you will neither register under the name of nor attempt to enter recordscontinuum.info under the name of another person or entity.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password, if any, and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. recordscontinuum.info does not authorize use of your User ID by third-parties.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We respect your privacy. We will only use your personal identification information to support and manage your use of recordscontinuum.info, including the use of tracking cookies to facilitate recordscontinuum.info security procedures. Monash Unversity, NECTAR and recordscontinuum.info sponsors regularly request recordscontinuum.info usages statistics and other information. Usage of recordscontinuum.info is monitored and usage statistics are collected and reported on a regular basis. recordscontinuum.info also reserves the right to contact you to request additional information or to keep you updated on changes to recordscontinuum.info. You may opt out of receiving newsletters and other non-essential communications. No information that would identify you personally will be provided to sponsors or third parties without your permission.
All information posted or stored on recordscontinuum.info is potentially available to all other users of recordscontinuum.info. Monash University, NECTAR and recordscontinuum.info disclaim any responsibility or capability for the preservation of confidentiality of such information. Do not post or store information on recordscontinuum.info if you expect to or are obligated to protect the confidentiality of that information.
You are responsible at all times for using recordscontinuum.info in a manner that is legal, ethical, and not to the detriment of others. Quotas for disk storage, job submissions, and other limited resources are strictly enforced. You may request an increase in your quota, but attempting to circumvent your quota is unethical and may lead to a termination of your account. You agree to delete unused files and acknowledge that if you fail to do so, the files may be deleted for you. You agree that you will not:
- Use email addresses obtained or accessed through recordscontinuum.info to transmit the same or substantially similar unsolicited message to multiple recipients without a valid purpose specifically related to the research and education mission of recordscontinuum.info;
- Use recordscontinuum.info to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- Violate any applicable law;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Use recordscontinuum.info to impersonate other parties or entities;
- Use recordscontinuum.info to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of recordscontinuum.info or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses recordscontinuum.info;
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on recordscontinuum.info;
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way;
- Claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- Post any material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of another.
THE RECORDSCONTIUNUUM.INFO SITE AND ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON IT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Monash University, NECTAR and recordscontinuum.info do not warrant, and hereby disclaim any warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any good, service, or information obtained from recordscontinuum.info. Monash University and NECTAR does not warrant that recordscontinuum.info will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that recordscontinuum.info is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of recordscontinuum.info is at your own risk.
You agree that recordscontinuum.info and its administrators, Monash University or NECTAR, shall have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data), arising out of or relating to your use of recordscontinuum.info or any resource that you access through recordscontinuum.info.
The recordscontinuum.info site hosts content from a number of authors. The statements and views of these authors are theirs alone, and do not reflect the stances or policies of Monash University, NECTAR or their sponsors, nor does their posting imply the endorsement of Monash University, NECTAR or their sponsors.
Choice of Law/Forum Selection/Attorney Fees
You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to recordscontinuum.info, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, will be governed by federal law and by the laws of Victoria, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving Australia, Victoria as the exclusive legal forums for any such dispute.